JDRF Sneaker Campaign

 

 
My photo of this sign is not as clear as I'd like it to be.  It reads:
 
A cure for Amanda means.... "A cure means no more finger pricks and shots.  I don't have to tell anyone I have type 1 diabetes anymore."
 
Each register at my local Marshalls had a sign like this, featuring a different kid, ranging in ages from 3 to 18, talking about what a cure would mean. 
 
What a great way to personalize the ask. It's eye-catching, with just enough text to read while waiting for the cashier to ring up purchases.  It's effective in explaining why, and for whom, a donation matters.
 
As it happened, I'd already spent several minutes of my Marshalls trip on the phone with my own person who needs a cure. I'd had already promised to purchase a paper sneaker on her behalf so that maybe someday she wouldn't have to call me from school with a blood sugar problem, because those problems would no longer exist. By the time I got to the register I needed no further motivation to put my name on a paper sneaker.
 
For people who don't receive personal phone calls from people with diabetes while they're shopping at Marshalls, I think this is a great addition to the annual sneaker campaign.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I review all comments before they are posted, so please be patient!