Dexi Sings Queen


Saturday night went a little like Queen's song, 'Bohemian Rhapsody.'

My daughter's Dexcom, 'Dexi,' buzzed around 1 a.m.

Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up {to the skies} and see

I squinted at Dexi's message:

"LOW"  How low?  I clicked to see the estimate.  "67."

I shuffled off to my daugher's room.

Flashlight, meter, test strip, lancet.  "207."  Huh?

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?

Back I went to grab Dexi from my bedside table so I could set her straight.  I informed her of the meter reading, and she asked for another.  Once I'd put that in, the graph showed a reasonable '193.'

As I started do doze off again, the buzzing resumed.  "HIGH"  "275."  Unconvinced, I checked anyway.  I informed Dexi both through her computer buttons and verbally with a few choice words, that "170" was the number she should be aware of.  An apology would have been nice.  Something like

Mama, ooo
Didn't mean to make you cry.

No apology was forthcoming, but she did get herself straightened out by morning, having overcome her night of ambivalence.

A little high, little low
Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me...to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I review all comments before they are posted, so please be patient!