A Mother's Day Gift


A poem written especially for moms of young kids with diabetes:




Not flowers, nor chocolate - not even fine tea!
What I want is a break from the numbers, you see.

For three sixty four they've been swirling around
'Til I fear on some days that my brains will be drowned.

So this Sunday for Mothers, I ask for a rest
From basal and bolus, from 'What are you- test!'

From site change and carb counts, from dexcoms that blare,
Insurance and phone calls and 'the juice boxes are there.'

So Sunday at lunch and the walk by the lake,
I ask that from d-stuff I get a quick break.

I'll be back on Monday, raring to go,
To support my sweet hero in her diabetes show.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I review all comments before they are posted, so please be patient!