|You could, of course, chop large unfrozen berries by hand. |
This was my quick alternative- just a few pulses did the trick.
I got them a little smaller than I'd intended,
but it worked well for the mini muffins.
Fancy Berry Muffins
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
3 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
1 c. white flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. milk
1 c. berries (fresh or frozen, any variety, chop anything larger than an average blueberry)
1. Combine the butter, sugar and egg in a large bowl. This is the bowl all of the batter will end up in.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
3. Add flour mixture alternately with milk to the butter/sugar/egg bowl, mixing after each addition.
4. Beat well, then stir in berries.
|Your batter will be colorful!|
5. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Use paper liners or grease pan well.
6. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes (mini muffins) or 30 minutes (lg. muffins).
I ended up with 32 mini muffins with approximately 8 total carbs each.
|Next time? Some cinnamon sugar on top for color and crunch.|
Maybe these would make a nice treat for your Valentine in addition to that rose I'm hoping you've already spared?