While it's just a few days 'til Christmas and I have mile long to-do list, I wanted to share just a few first thoughts about our new Dexcom. Better formulated thoughts, perhaps even in complete and proper sentences, will follow after the first of the year.
What I like:
- Finding trends and trying to fix them
- Knowing what happened during the school day
- High and low alarms
- Not worrying about her sleeping in
- Not checking a million times the day she had a stomach bug
What I don't like:
- The adhesive needs to be supplemented early and often.
- The receiver has spotty service in our bedroom.
- The inserter is still scary.
- The trend arrows help for better decision-making before gym, sledding, etc.
- A quick glance shows if a correction or low treatment is working
- Knowing it will alarm if she's low or high
- The sensor is awkward under a leotard
- Inserting a new sensor is scary (though the second time was better than the first)
- Worrying about the adhesive and whether she needs to add tape so it doesn't fall off